This week has been a very different start to the school year! I think we can say the same thing about almost everything that has happened in 2020. The one constant is that everything is different. The same is true for our youth ministry at the church. We quickly moved to zoom in the spring, and that continued through the summer. As we are kicking off for the new school year, we wanted to try something different. Thanks to a generous gift from our thrift store, Cindy’s Closet, we were able to put together an outside space at the church where we can safely hold in-person meetings. The work continues on the space but will be ready for our first youth meeting on Sept. 2nd!
We will meet on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00 (no meal served at this time) outside as often as we can and will move to the sanctuary when the weather is bad. This will be open to all 6th-12th graders. We will meet with seniors on Sunday evenings once a month, also from 6:30-8:00, starting September 20th.
We want to keep everyone as safe as possible for our meetings so the following regulations will need to be followed by all youth and adults.
- Masks will be required until youth are seated when outside. Masks are recommended when seated outside but not required. Masks are required at all times when inside the building.
- Must keep 6’ distance between everyone not living in your household. Chairs will be set up at least 6’ apart both outside and inside. Siblings will sit together.
- Temperature checks will take place as youth and adults arrive. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will not be able to attend.
- Spaces will be cleaned before and after use.
- A health questionnaire will be required to be answered before each meeting.
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick or have two or more COVID symptoms.
- If anyone in the household or the youth has been around anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19, they will not be allowed to attend for 14 days.
If a youth or an adult has tested positive for COVID-19 and has attended a church event in the previous 14 days please notify the church. The church will then notify all in attendance, not using names, and will follow the VA department of health guidelines on cleaning and how long to shut down.
This is going to be a very different start to our youth ministry! We believe it’s important to gather in as safe as possible. Please know the church is taking every precaution we can, and we are excited to see your youth again as we seek to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world! Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions you may have.